Going out to a nice restaurant is a tried and true Valentine’s Day staple. But why not try having a romantic evening at home? I can think of a few reasons…
- WAY easier to get reservations.
- Cooking together can be fun and romantic itself.
- You get to set the ambiance.
- YOU GET TO SET THE MUSIC! (“Oh honey, it’s our song…. oh… the dubstep version).
- Less travel time (more together time).
- More socially acceptable if you decide to get “romantic” before/during/after dinner.
- Much lower risk of having to witness a failed wedding proposal.
- Fewer people to see/record/live-tweet if your own wedding proposal fails.
- Come to think of it, avoids a lot of “my ex is the waiter” type rom-com cliches.
- It’s cheaper (unless you go REALLY overboard with the fancy cheeses).